Thursday February 5, 2026
-----------------------
After looking over each media theory, I have landed on incorporating the Binary Opposition Theory and Enigma Code; each of these will play a major part in my film opening.
Like I mentioned in my past blog, using character vs. self will be a thing that I would want to incorporate within my main character. With the self conflict being her tearing herself apart and blaming herself for what happened. Her mind won't let her grieve the immense loss, and is instead attacking her overall being. This in return is what creates that character vs. self conflict within the story. It is such an important factor in representing the different ways that something as heavy as death can impact a character.
EX. In coming-of-age films
- Each character has to push through stereotype to reveal their true selves to one another, each becoming vulnerable.
-----------------------
This also goes hand in hand with the Enigma Code, as I won't be showing explicitly how he died; leaving it up to the audiences interpretation. There will be hints to it but I want viewers to figure it out as they watch; which further increases the deep and sad nature of my film. I feel like having that tiny sense of mystery surrounding it adds to the sheer impact that the story will have. In leaving that plot point unexplained/ up to interpretation expands the world that I am building, I want to leave the story off with people unfolding it themselves.
EX. In coming-of-age films


No comments:
Post a Comment