BTS of filming so far

Tuesday February 17, 2026

----------------------

Last week we filmed the opening and closing scenes. These were shot in Somas bedroom; I wanted to utilize a space like this because it already felt so personalized and unique to her and her character. For the first day of filming it went pretty well, I got all of the shots that I needed from my story board and some additional ones, just in case. I made it a point to overshoot, in the slim chance that I need one more frame or the clip that I got was blurry.

The setup was simple, we had a tripod that we moved around to get specific angles and used it to capture every shot without it being too shaky. For one of the shots, I had to place the tripod on top of my actor to get an exact overhead shot of her laying down. I really love how the scene turned out and I think it really sets the mood for the rest of the piece. 


--------------------------------------
In addition to setting the mood, my sister, who plays Violet, really wanted to act out and portray her character in a sad light. So she used water droplets to make it look like real tears in the closing scenes. While we were filming it, I could see the essence of her character come to life, and I think she did a great job in helping that happen. 


------------------------------------
While I only filmed one of my actors on day one, my other actor, Aiden who plays Lee, was helping me set up the tripod to get each scene/ frame perfect. Now Aiden is in CBTV so he has had previous experience with cameras and the ins and outs of the filming process. It was really nice to have an extra set of hands to help me film, whereas I have never shot and directed a short film at all. 

Now for Lees scenes, I am planning on filming those late this week/ into the weekend. I am pretty confident that I can get the rest of filming done in a day, maybe two. I have had a bit of interference with my premade schedule due to some of my other classes. I am running sound for one of our upcoming musicals, so I will have to balance that with the rest of my filming. It will be tough but I am certain that I can do it!

For the remaining scenes that I need to film, I will be going to two separate parks, to kinda create two different memories; the good and the bad. Like i've mentioned in my previous posts, it is going to be a sort of "dream sequence", mixing flashbacks of memories with Violet still feeling the same feelings she did when and before Lee died. I will dive deeper into it when I wrap up filming, but for now I will keep you posted!

Links to BTS videos + photos: Day 1 BTS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening and CCRs!

Thursday March 12, 2026 --------------------     The time has finally come, here are all the links to my CCRs and my film opening! ---------...